Download multiple files in a single click
Download Manager helps Salesforce lightning users to download bulk files and static resources in a zip file format. The feature allows a user to download and manage the required files instantly and hassle-free. Download Manager auto detects the format of a file and sorts them under the below categories:
- All files
- Static Resources
- PDF files
The feature enables a user to select all the documents present in a Salesforce org for download and save them in a device for later use as per convenience. Download Manager also allows dynamic searching and pagination.
A Salesforce user often finds it difficult to download multiple files at once. Considering the challenge, INFICIA created a better and adaptable download management system that allows a user in Salesforce to download the files in bulk, saving a lot of time in hand. Also, enabling users to scan through the web pages and display all the files to download in multiple formats as per their convenience.
To download the documents in bulk with Salesforce advanced CRM platform it is necessary to adapt to the advanced technology that has updated features. A Salesforce user today needs a faster working mechanism, an advanced Download Manager that can save time, reducing the operational cost, leaving room to focus on higher productive tasks.
Some other challenges faced by a Salesforce user may include:
- Difficulty in downloading bulk documents and static resources
- Searching for different format files and downloading them all at once in required formats
- Placement of the downloaded documents in selected folders
To overcome the challenges faced by the Salesforce user, INFICIA came up with the enterprise solution, ‘Download Manager’ facilitating:
- A single platform for the mass downloading of files and static resources.
- Integrated feature to download the bulk files in a single zip file (format).
- Established different segments for doc files, pdf, and static resources.
- Enabled the user to browse files with a dynamic searching option.
- Empowered the user to select and keep multiple records of the respective files under different folders and download them later as per their convenience.
- Implemented functionality to download 100’s of documents in a zip file for future use and reference (up to 400MB).
To fulfill the specific requirements of the user, we applied the following approach:
- Differentiated the static resources and files as per the category.
- Created a combo box where users can select multiple objects.
- Used regex for searching functionality.
- Created a function that converts the selected files into a zip.
- Differentiated the <contentversion/contentdocumentlink/files> and static resources.
- Implemented functionality to get the files according to selected list view.
Download Manager provided the following benefits to the end-user:
- Multi-selected the file in one go and downloaded bulk files as well as static resources.
- Detected the file according to the extension and sorted them into categories.
- Supported all types of files: images, office documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), PDF, ZIP, etc.
- Allowed customization and facility to add your own extension(s) to download.
- Resolved the problem of downloading documents and static resources one by one
- Achieved user satisfaction by sorting the documents and helps in organizing the downloads symmetrically
- Improved user experience with easy approach of files sorting as per the extensions
- Significant reduction in time to manage task